NGDATA helps data-rich companies in financial services, media/publishing and telecom to drive connected experiences. Our next generation customer data platform, Lily Enterprise™, puts people at the center of every business via Lily’s Customer DNA, which continuously learns from behavior to deliver compelling experiences.
NGDATA recently acquired Eccella, a data consulting company solving complex business challenges through innovative, custom built information systems. Eccella leverages cutting edge technologies in data management, big data, data analytics and data science in order to build data-driven companies that can make better, more informed decisions, faster to support their business growth or efficiencies gain goals.
NGDATA is a fast-growing scale-up company with offices in Ghent, NY, Amsterdam, Paris, London, Singapore and Mumbai and recently closed a significant C-round with international funds.
To support our continued growth, NGDATA is currently looking for a:
Senior Accountant - NY
- Oversee all of the North American finance activities for our US business
- Processing AP, AR, Expenses, payroll, bank statements, etc.
- Invoicing, communicate with clients to obtain information and resolving issues
- Manage the month-, quarter- and year-end close process in close collaboration with our Group Controller
- Prepare the monthly management reports, including variance analysis
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation process, both in local GAAP and IFRS
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for the North American business
- Prepare and assist during the year-end audit
- Prepare, in collaboration with external counsel, direct and indirect tax returns
- Work together with Operations on KPI’s, business drivers, etc.
- Close collaboration with the business and other departments within the organization to improve efficiencies and processes
- Be involved in various ad hoc projects and assignments (dashboards, infographs, etc.)
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Able to remain cool under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good analytical thinking, attention to detail and works with consistent accuracy
- Very well organized and able to multi-task with various client requirements
- Discrete and ethical, a proven ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, be energetic and enthusiastic
- At ease being hands-on but also suggesting process improvements at a higher level
- An enthusiasm for technology
- Flexible and open mindset
- The successful candidate has at least 5 years in similar roles including AP/AR, General Ledger and reporting
- Experience with ERP or a multiple systems environment (BI, CRM, Infographics, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA, 3.5 a plus in Accounting or similar area of study
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience with IFRS a plus
- Worked in a multicultural and international environment
- Experience in software company and/or professional services firm considered to be a plus
If you think you have the right profile for this challenging role, please submit your CV via the form on this page. NGDATA offers you a competitive compensation package and a stimulating, inspiring and entrepreneurial workplace where your competencies are truly valued!
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.